Project: Accelerate!, or #PA!, is a collaborative cross section of the construction, engineering, design and trades industries program devised to work in concert to expose, reinforce and expand careers for women in those fields. Exciting this year is the expansion of Project: Ignite & Project: Spark to our #PA programming!
About the Program:
The program is built on a basic tenet that knowledge is power and that speaking the language of an industry is fundamental to acquiring higher levels of success. We achieve this goal by actively mentoring and connecting participants to opportunity and best next steps.
Project: Spark & Project: Ignite–additional options to the #PA programming this year!
Industry professionals deliver weekly courses virtually. This year, we are making it available to our Spark and Ignite participants through recorded sessions and asynchronous learning on Saturdays for those who are unable to attend the online virtual portion of the learning.
|Project: Accelerate (#PA) for women over 18 years of age|
|Project: Spark for educators and counselors|
|Are you an educator or counselor interested in the construction industry?|
|Are you looking to increase your knowledge of the various ways students can enter the construction industry?|
|Do you want to expand opportunities for those students you serve?|
|Spark participants will have access to the recorded #PA sessions and asynchronous lessons every Saturday.|
|Project: Ignite for women in grades 9th-12th grades|
|Ignite participants will have access to the recorded #PA sessions and asynchronous lessons every Saturday.|
1 full 8 hour day a week
50% of time will be dedicated to classroom/lecture/workshop
25% of instruction will be active lab-related
25% of time will be site visits and active project tours, virtual and/or in real-time/real life
Application Portal Now Open
- Submission Deadline: October 30, 2020
- Applicant Interviews: Rolling interviews the month of October
- Program Start Date: November 6, 2020
- Post Program Community Day: November 30, 2020
- Program End Date: January 15, 2021
- Certificate Presentation & Achievement Brunch: January 22, 2021
- Click the Apply Now button
- Fill out the Required fields and submit
- Submit an email in a zipped file (First Name Last Name) to email@example.com the following information:
- Letter of character or recommendation
- 200 word personal essay on why this opportunity is important to your personal or professional advancement
- Complete a personal interview, online
- jpeg headshot